Sunday, November 06, 2005

Vegas!

So I went to Vegas for the first time this weekend. A buddy of mine and I kinda decided to do this at the end of last week, so it wasn't totally planned out.
We had an interesting time trying to find a hotel on Fri night. We got gouged on the price, but it turned out OK. We had a hot tub in the room, of course we didn't have time to take the opportunity to use it. They did have an internet hookup. When I asked if they provided wifi access the lady at the desk said. "yes, its free." All I could think was that no it was not free, it was included in this outrageous price you've made us pay. Anyways, with the internet access, I was able to book us a different room at a much better rate for Sat night. Next time I go to Vegas, I'll have to do that in advance.
We also met up with a friend of ours there that had come with friends for the BYU, UNLV football game on Sat. So we were able to score some cheap tickets from them and go with them to the game and watch BYU kill UNLV 55-14. Needless to say the game wasn't all that interesting after the 1st quarter, but its still fun to watch a live football game.
Later on we went to the strip again. We were only able to walk about a quarter of it. Its soo big! I was amazed. You don't realize how big those buildings are until you're trying to walk by them and through them. Lots of good shops and food. We did see the water ballet at the Bellagio. That was amazing. We saw it like 4 times, and loved it. I should have ridden the New York New York roller coaster. I also wanted to go up the stratosphere, but didn't get a chance to. It was still a fun time. Next time I go to Vegas, I'll have a better idea of what to expect and be able to decide what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home